If you’re going to a holiday party, don’t show up empty handed! Try this cookie recipe and you’ll impress anyone who can appreciate a quality baked good, with a bit of added nutrition. They’re gluten-free and dairy-free, and to make them vegan, you can omit the eggs and use mashed banana instead (which has similar properties to eggs when used in baking, although they will have a banana flavor, so keep that in mind).
Healthy-ish Chocolate Chip Cookies
3½ cups almond meal, sifted
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs or mashed banana
¾ cup melted coconut oil
3 tbsp. apple sauce
½ cup maple syrup
12 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the almond meal, salt, and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, combine the vanilla extract, melted coconut oil, apple sauce, and maple syrup. Whisk in the eggs and mix with other wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spray non-stick spray on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from pan and enjoy!