Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there! I’ve decided to make this post short and sweet because it’s beautiful outside and I want to spend as much time with my family as possible today. If you haven’t noticed, my go-to gift strategy for loved ones is baking something delicious, so this morning I woke up early and made a new brownie recipe. If you haven’t yet gotten your dad a gift, consider whipping something up in the kitchen. Baked goods from the heart are always sure to please!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup. soy milk + 1/2 cup raisins (mix together in a food processor to make a thick liquid)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder).
- Combine 1/4 cup soy milk and 1/2 cup raisins in a food processor to make a thick liquid
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add apple sauce, soy milk, melted coconut oil, and soy milk-raisin mixture
- Stir, and then add in chocolate chips
- Grease a brownie pan/tin and heat at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then cut and serve
Have a great, chocolate-filled Father’s Day, and Happy Father’s Day to my Dad, who always encourages me to work hard and follow my dreams!