I love peanut butter and I'm pretty sure I could eat it with anything. One of my favorite dishes is peanut butter noodles, usually served cold. I decided to create my own version of peanut butter noodles with an additional crunchy vegetable component. I like playing around with different textures of food in the same dish, but feel free to sub cruciferous veggies for whatever tickles your fancy. This recipe is gluten-free because I used quinoa spaghetti which is made from quinoa, making this dish high in fiber and protein. Using natural peanut butter (without hydrogenated oils) along with just a tsp. or two of coconut oil also provides additional healthy fats. It's always a good idea to eat your veggies with a fat source so that more of the vitamins and minerals are absorbed. Most importantly, this makes a delicious, easy dinner. I prepared this earlier in the day and came home late from work and ate this and it really hit the spot.
Peanut Butter Crunch Noodles (serves 2)
- 4 oz. whole grain pasta. There are many varieties, I went with Ancient Harvest brand quinoa spaghetti. (You could also use wheat-containing pasta, if you want).
- 2 cups Trader Joe's cruciferous crunch medley (or any combination of your favorite vegetables)
- 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. tamari or regular soy sauce
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Boil water in a pot, add 4 oz. of pasta when the water comes to a rolling boil. Be sure to stir frequently.
- In a microwave safe dish, heat cruciferous veggies with a little water, cover with a paper towel allowing it to steam for 5 minutes, or steam using a steamer on the stove.
- For the sauce, make sure the peanut butter is soft, not solid. You may have to heat it a little in the microwave.
- Combine peanut butter, tamari, lemon juice, and coconut oil to create the sauce. Stir.
- Drain the pasta after 12-15 minutes (taste to make sure it's done)
- Drain the remaining water from the veggies and add to the drained pasta.
- In a bowl, mix in the sauce
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you! It was indeed 🙂
Have the same plate!!!:)
haha Target shoppers unite!