Learn how to achieve your personal health goals, feel energized, and thrive while eating an abundance of plants!
Are you looking to improve your eating habits, feel amazing, and eat a more plant-based diet? I offer individualized nutrition counseling that can help you thrive by addressing and solving nutrition-related concerns including:
- Confusion as to what to eat
- Weight management
- Mindful eating
- Meal planning/organization to save time
What to Expect
- Increased energy– by implementing my tailored suggestions and by incorporating more whole, plant-based foods into your diet, you’ll find that you have more energy so that you can thrive in all areas of your life
- Sustainable weight management– tired of crash-dieting? Logging calories, carbs, or “points” for life can seem like a daunting task that’s rarely sustainable. Luckily, by working with me, you don’t have to meticulously count calories, points, or do anything that takes the pleasure out of eating. To gain an idea of what you’re eating and how I can best help you, I’ll assess your typical dietary intake. Then we’ll work together to determine what nutrients to focus on to achieve your goals. Often, it’s not what we’re eating that’s the problem, its HOW we’re eating, which brings me to…
- A feeling of peace at meal times- many people struggle with being mindful and present while eating. As a dietitian and a yoga teacher, I believe mindfulness is essential to true enjoyment of a meal and is necessary to cultivate a positive relationship with food. Using easy-to-apply strategies, you’ll learn how to slow down, take your time, and truly enjoy your food.
- A balanced approach to plant-based eating– even if you’re a hard-core carnivore, my goal is to help you incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet, while never forcing you to eat foods that you don’t enjoy. You should always get enjoyment from the food you eat, and together we’ll work on incorporating your favorite foods into your diet so that you can have your cake, and eat it too!
- Increased knowledge, self-efficacy, and confidence– by working together, you’ll gain knowledge about food and nutrition, a sense of self-efficacy as you achieve your goals, and increased confidence in your eating choices. There’s a ton of misinformation out there about plant-based eating and a lot of it is based in fear and restriction. As we work together, you’ll learn how to fuel your body with whole, plant-based foods. You’ll find that you love the food you eat and you’ll know how to prepare it.
How It Works
Free 30 minute consultation– Connecting with the right dietitian can be difficult, especially if you gravitate towards plant-based eating. As someone who has been plant-based for 14 years and who is also a Registered Dietitian, I have the personal experience and professional expertise to understand your food and nutrition-related concerns. During this complementary phone/video session, we will discuss your health/nutrition concerns and goals to determine how I can best assist you achieve optimal health on a plant-based diet by providing you with resources, tools, and next steps. Ready to get started? Schedule your free 30-minute consultation here
60 minute introductory session– During this 60 minute session, we will comprehensively assess where you currently are in your health journey and where you would like to be. During this session, I’ll assess your typical dietary pattern, diet and weight history (if applicable), supplement use, symptoms, and relationship with food. Using this information, together, we can create a plan of action steps that will lead you to feeling informed, empowered, and confident. My approach is to help you create achievable, realistic goals that work for your lifestyle and budget so that you can feel energized and be your healthiest self on a plant-based diet. Some features of this session include tailored guidance on mindful, plant-based eating and tips on how to stock your pantry with healthy foods that you enjoy and you’ll want to eat, educating you on plant-based protein swaps, and going over what vitamins/minerals you may need to supplement on a plant-based diet in order to prevent fatigue, deficiencies, and feel well.
30-minute follow-up sessions– During these three follow up sessions, we will discuss how you are progressing towards meeting your nutrition goals and discuss any challenges you may be facing. My role is to help you decrease anxiety about what to eat, avoid feeling that afternoon slump due to lack of energy, and help you save serious money while feeling full of energy on a plant-based diet.
Grocery Store Tours– (available for clients who live in the Long Island area and through video-call for all other clients). With so many new plant-based products in stores these days, it can be a challenge to figure out what’s actually healthy. Fortunately, I’m here to help you. During a grocery store tour, we’ll go over which plant-based foods foods you should be focusing on while grocery shopping, and answering any questions you may have about specialty products (like protein powders, bars, supplements, etc.). Prior to a grocery store tour, during one of our sessions, we’ll brainstorm some suggested recipes and meal prep ideas, so that you’ll have a plan for when you shop, all while keeping your food budget and personal preferences in mind.
Meal Prep Instruction– (available for clients who live in the Long Island area). A plant-based diet can be easy, delicious, and budget-friendly, especially when you have some creative help and planning. Whether you’re confused as to how to cook a good tofu dish, or need some week-day dinner inspiration, I’m here to help. As someone who has years of experience with cooking and creating vegan/plant-based meals, I’m passionate about plant-based meal prep, and by working with me, I’ll show you how to prepare easy, nutrient-packed meals that you’ll look forward to eating. This session will be held in your home and all of the meals that are created will be based on kitchen equipment/tools that you already have.