Learn how to achieve your health goals, feel energized, and thrive with a plant-based, personalized approach to wellness by Jessie Valentine, MS, RD. Schedule your free 30-minute consultation here. Read on to find out more information.
Are you looking to improve your eating habits, feel amazing, and feel good about your food choices? I offer individualized nutrition counseling that can help you thrive by addressing and solving nutrition-related concerns including:
- Confusion as to what to eat
- Weight management
- Mindful eating
- Meal planning/organization to save time
What to Expect
- Increased energy– by implementing my tailored suggestions and by incorporating my easy strategies for healthier eating, you’ll find that you have more energy so that you can thrive in all areas of your life
- Sustainable weight management– tired of crash-dieting? Logging calories, carbs, or “points” for life can seem like a daunting task that’s rarely sustainable. In fact, did you know that 95% of all diets fail? Luckily, by working with me, you don’t have to meticulously count calories, points, or do anything that takes the pleasure out of eating. To gain an idea of what you’re eating and how I can best help you, I’ll assess your typical dietary intake. Then we’ll work together to determine what nutrients to focus on to achieve your goals. Often, it’s not what we’re eating that’s the problem, its HOW we’re eating, which brings me to…
- A feeling of peace at meal times- many people struggle with being mindful and present while eating. As a dietitian and a yoga teacher, I believe mindfulness is essential to true enjoyment of a meal and is necessary to cultivate a positive relationship with food. Using easy-to-apply strategies, you’ll learn how to slow down, take your time, and truly enjoy your food.
- A balanced approach to eating– even if you’re a hard-core junk-food lover, my goal is to help you incorporate more healthy, whole plant foods into your diet, while never forcing you to eat foods that you don’t enjoy. You should always get enjoyment from the food you eat, and together we’ll work on incorporating your favorite foods into your diet so that you can have your cake, and eat it too!
- Increased knowledge, self-efficacy, and confidence– by working together, you’ll gain knowledge about food and plant-based nutrition, a sense of self-efficacy as you achieve your goals, and increased confidence in your eating choices. There’s a ton of misinformation out there about healthy eating and a lot of it is based in fear and restriction. As we work together, you’ll learn how to fuel your body with healthy food in a sustainable way. You’ll find that you love the food you eat and you’ll know how to prepare it.
How It Works
Free 30 minute consultation– Connecting with the right dietitian can be difficult, especially if you have specific concorns. As a registered dietitian who is passionate about plant-based eating and as someone who has struggled feeling restricted on typical “diets” before becoming a dietitian, I have the personal experience and professional expertise to understand your food and nutrition-related concerns. During this complementary phone/video session, we will discuss your health/nutrition concerns and goals to determine how I can best assist you achieve optimal health on a plant-based diet by providing you with resources, tools, and next steps. Ready to get started?
60 minute introductory session– During this 60 minute session, we will comprehensively assess where you currently are in your health journey and where you would like to be. During this session, I’ll assess your typical dietary pattern, diet and weight history (if applicable), supplement use, symptoms, and relationship with food. Using this information, together, we can create a plan of action steps that will lead you to feeling informed, empowered, and confident. My approach is to help you create achievable, realistic goals that work for your lifestyle and budget so that you can feel energized and be your healthiest self. Some features of this session include tailored guidance on mindful, balanced plant-based eating and tips on how to stock your pantry with healthy foods that you enjoy and you’ll want to eat, how to save money on food (or how not to waste money on stuff you don’t need!), and going over what vitamins/minerals you may need to supplement in order to prevent fatigue, deficiencies, and feel well.
30-minute follow-up sessions– During these three follow up sessions, we will discuss how you are progressing towards meeting your nutrition goals and discuss any challenges you may be facing. My role is to help you decrease anxiety about what to eat, avoid feeling that afternoon slump due to lack of energy, and help you save serious money while feeling full of energy.
Grocery Store Tours– (available for clients who live in the Long Island area and through video-call for all other clients). With so many new “food trends” and products in stores these days, it can be a challenge to figure out what’s actually healthy. Fortunately, I’m here to help you. During a grocery store tour, we’ll go over which foods foods you should be focusing on while grocery shopping, and answering any questions you may have about specialty products (like protein powders, bars, supplements, etc.). Prior to a grocery store tour, during one of our sessions, we’ll brainstorm some suggested recipes and meal prep ideas, so that you’ll have a plan for when you shop, all while keeping your food budget and personal preferences in mind.