One of my favorite things about fall is pumpkin-flavored everything. I've always wanted to try Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte but the pumpkin spice mix that they use is not vegan, so I've decided to make my own pumpkin flavored coffee treat. Here is my first attempt at a soy pumpkin spice coffee (it's not a latte because I don't have an espresso machine, but feel free to use espresso if you have the equipment).
- Make unflavored coffee using whatever method you normally use
- In a mug, add ½ cup soy milk. (I use unsweetened, plain flavored but vanilla flavored soy milk could also work)
- Add 1 tbsp. trader joe's pumpkin butter OR add 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie mix + 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon
- add just a drop of vanilla extract
- Finally, pour coffee over the mixture and stir well
A final note- this coffee is significantly less creamy than what I imagine a pumpkin spice latte would taste like, so feel free to use a higher-fat soy milk than normally, or adjust any of the ingredients according to your tastes. You may also want to steam the soy milk but this is what I did. Enjoy!