The spring semester has come to a close! (yay). I've completed another year as a nutrition student, and now I have just another year until I'm done with my master's. One thing that got me through finals was having quick meals packed with nutrition. A favorite meal during finals (and whenever, really) is the following smoothie recipe. It's packed with protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and it's delicious!
A Berry Good Smoothie
- 6 oz. blueberry or vanilla coconut milk yogurt (I use so delicious brand). You can also use almond milk yogurt or any other kind of dairy-free yogurt that pleases your tastebuds
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 scoop vegan (or not) protein. (I use Garden of Life Plant Protein in smooth vanilla flavor)
- ½ cup soymilk (or nondairy milk) + ½ cup water
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend on high until uniform in texture and appearance. Pour into a large cup and enjoy! This makes a large portion, so feel free to share with a friend or divide into two and enjoy half of it for a snack later.