Today is the first day of spring and I'm excited! I love spring because it signifies new beginnings. As you go through your day today, try to meditate on what it is you'd like to start doing today, this week, this month, this season, or even this year. Now is a great time to dive into some exciting plans to improve your life.
For me personally, I'm going to try to eat more greens everyday. Even though I do eat vegetables every day, I've noticed that I could incorporate more nutrient-dense greens into my favorite meals. To get started on my new goal, I've created a deliciously healthy smoothie packed with nutrition. This is a green smoothie similar to what I've posted in much earlier blog posts but with a few twists. Feel free to try this smoothie and give me some feedback because I love hearing from my readers! You can email me, write a comment, or get in touch via facebook or instagram @vitaminvalentine 🙂
Spring Super Smoothie
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen, cut into chunks
- ¾ cup frozen or fresh mango
- 6 oz. plain So Delicious Greek Coconut Yogurt (this is my favorite non-dairy yogurt because it has extra fiber and a unique texture that is great for smoothies, but if you prefer a different kind, use whatever you'd like)
- 1 cup unsweetened plain or vanilla almondmilk
- 1 tsp. spirulina powder (optional)
Cut and prepare fruits and kale. Measure almond milk and other ingredients. Add all to a blender and blend well until liquified. This smoothie is on the thick side, so if you want, you can add water or a little more almond milk. This can either serve one or two people depending on how hungry you are. Enjoy and keep in mind: what can you start doing today?
I love smoothies as well as fresh pressed juice. I will have to try out your recipe. By the way I love kale 🙂
Jessie @ Vitamin Valentine
I hope you try it! Kale is amazingly versatile!